With the rise in popularity of websites like Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, and the list goes on, people often ask me: “aren’t travel agents fading out?” or “Why do I need a travel agent? Can’t I just book it myself?”
The answers are pretty straightforward and simple. Yes, absolutely you can book your own vacation if you wish. But, know that there is a lot of detailed information that you may be missing that only a travel agent can give you! And no, travel agents are definitely not fading out. In fact, it’s quite the opposite! Here are six reasons why travel agents will never be obsolete!
- Travel Agents are the experts: Not to brag, but travel agents really are the experts! We spend each day learning, studying, and polishing up on our skills and all of the latest news in the travel industry. We are specifically trained to plan vacations, honeymoons, baby moons, and even corporate travel. We specialize in customizing a one of a kind trip that best fits all of your wants and needs!
- Travel Agents can and will save you money: Because we work in the travel and tourism industry every day, we often have access to special deals or promotions that aren’t available to the public. Take Disney vacations for example: we are the FIRST people to know when a discount or promotion is being released, and can guarantee to save you money (and time) by automatically applying the savings (plus: as a bonus, we’re the ones that wait on hold for you! ;))
- Travel Agents ALWAYS put our clients first: Customer service is our number one priority when we work. Remember, we are working for you and with you! We want you to have the best possible experience when it comes to traveling! We genuinely care about your happiness and will always go the extra mile to make sure you have everything you want and need.
- Travel Agents are problem solvers: Imagine that you’re halfway around the world, lose your luggage, lose your itinerary, miss your connection, or worse, have to cancel your trip due to an emergency. The last thing you need is extra stress. Let us do the worrying for you. If you find yourself in an unfortunate circumstance, call us! We are here to help keep you calm, cool, collected & level-headed. We are always working behind the scenes on your behalf to make sure that you get the solution that you are looking for!
- Travel Agents can save you time: With everyone’s busy schedules, how often do you have the time to sit down and do research on the location (or various locations) that you’d like to visit? It can be tedious, grueling, and can lead to frustration. Half of the fun of vacation is planning it! Why would you want to subject yourself to annoyance? Let us take care of that for you. We enjoy doing research and picking out the best all-inclusive resorts for you. We love looking at different Caribbean Islands that are just the perfect fit for your occasion. We thrive on speaking with you on that once in a lifetime European tour that you’d like to take! Come chat with us! I guarantee that we can even give you some insider tips about any destination!
- Travel Agents can make your vacation memorable, personal, and unique: Celebrating a special occasion? A honeymoon, anniversary, a birthday perhaps? Let us know! We have special connections that can truly personalize your vacation…at no extra cost!
So, there you have it! 6 precise reasons why travel agents are not, and will not become obsolete. There are some things that you simply cannot get from behind a screen, and that is the experience of working with a travel agent. I always like to tell my clients to think of themselves as Cinderella, and to think of me as their Fairy Godmother. I’m working tirelessly for you, and I’m completely dedicated in adding that magical flair to your trip!
The travel and tourism industry is continuing to boom, and so are the websites that can “save you money.” Before you check those websites out, be sure to check with a travel agent – particularly a AAA Travel Agent! I can promise you that you will not regret it.